This leightweight library contains functionality for creating Windows like Services in managed code, as creating Windows Services in Windows Mobile/Windows CE isn't supported. The library is compatible with the .NET Compact Framework 2.0 and higher.Details
The .NET Compact Framework doesn't offer any functionality for creating Windows Services in full managed code, as like on the .NET Framework. Therefore this library enables creating Service in managed code to be like Windows Services as near as possible.
This library bases on Pavel Bánský's blog post, on how to create Services in Windows Mobile in managed code
- Easy to use library in managed code. No P/Invoke required.
- Based on the .NET Compact Framework 2.0 for maximum compatibility.
- Extra samples to show, how to use this library.
- Service Launcher application to start services automatically on system start
- Additional Service Manager Utility is available for controlling Services similar to Windows.
For more details refer to my blog on mobility available at http://blogs.compactframework.de/Peter.Nowak/